All started here....

All started here....

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 38 of 100: Ziptrekking in Queenstown

Pararomic view of Queenstown



Wearing all the gear ready for Ziptrekking!

The weather has been cold and rainy. Just like yesterday we had our Milford Sound cruise but the pouring rain almost made it invisible. I just i just have to come back and experience the amazing Milford Sound all over again. Today, I had a ziptrekking appointment. I did my ziptrekking in downtown Vancouver during the winter Olympic. (note: 1st ziptrekking ever being set up in a downtown setting!) It was free but i lined up for like 5 hours for the 30 seconds thrill. The Company which set up the ziptrek also operates the ziptrek in Whistler, BC and Queenstown. At the end of the ziptrek during Olympics, they gave each participant a 10% discount card. Of course, being me, I didn’t take the easy way, i.e. trying the one in Whistler as i live in Vancouver. Instead, I went all the way to downunder to try the one in Queenstown. Oh well, thats me. Anyone, according to the operator of Ziptrekking in Queenstown, I am the first one ever that took that discount card they gave out during winter olympic to Queenstown. How come I am not surprised by that??? 


Anyway, it was partly cloudy today. When i went up to the mountain where the ziptrekking was set up, it was actually snowing a bit. We were the first group of 8 to ziptrek today. There are altogether 4 ziptreks and it was getting longer and longer. The guide even taught us how to be upside down as well as all other styles. Of course, when you are on the ziptrek, you can hardly control which direction you face or whether you are upside down or not. Check out my video for the last ziptrekk which has an amazing view of the snow capped mountain surrounding Queenstown.