All started here....

All started here....

Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 31: GOING DOWN under

I took the Singapore airlines biz class to Sydney today. Since i was staying at the airport hotel, it was just a 5 mins walk to check in. As i am also Star Alliance gold member plus biz class, check-in was done in 3 mins. The flight was smooth and i don’t think i need to say more for the 1st class service, entertainment and food on board with Singapore Airlines.

A few hours after departure, i finally saw the northern point of Oz. I was kinda excited because i always wanted to go to Oz. Seems like people are super nice and friendly and the natural scenery of the country is amazing. But isn’t it Canada like that too? I guess so...Anyway, when we flew pass alice spring, i had my camera ready because i thought i would be able to see Ayres Rock from the air as the sky was cloudless for miles and miles. I was disappointed. The landscape was totally red so i guess it would be difficult to spot the red rock from the rest.

Far north of Oz


Arriving in Sydney finally but it was it a bit rainy. I checked into Sydney Hilton which was attached to a historical building. Since it was dark and rainy, i couldn’t tell my first impression of Sydney. I walked to the harbourfront to search for the famous landmark, Opera house. Still there & still nice with lights on at night. I walked around a bit and hopefully i would have better luck the next day to form my “1st impression” of Sydney.









just jumping in front of Sydney Tower

See what the Aussie did to the Queen!!!